Sunday, February 14, 2016

I apologize for the past few months

       As the parishoner who takes care of the broadcasting and maintaining this blog, I apologize for how the broadcasts have been late and also making sure you can view the broadcast correctly. I am looking into training an assistant with broadcasting so that the Franciscan Crown Rosary that is is prayed before Holy Mass once again will be broadcasted.
        I'd like to also address how to view the broadcast. A little background will help you to understand the issue that many of you experience with the broadcast. A few months back there was an upgrade to the site that we use to broadcast which allows us again to have the broadcast automatically uploaded for archiving after we end transmission. This was how it was three years ago, but then there was an updated that prevented this so we had to upload the recorded broadcast every Sunday. This took about two and a half hours to do for every recording. With this update, it will eliminate the necessity to upload each broadcast. What the system will do is automatically start to upload the broadcast when we end transmission. Then problem that arises is that it will create a new episode in the channel for the live broadcast. I have to (if I remember!) move this recording to the archive playlist. If I forget to do this, this will keep that recording in the live broadcast channel and when you come to watch the live broadcast, that previous recording will start to play. If this is the case, all you'll have to (in the box below the video) select the episode titled "Holy Sacrifice of the Mass" that has the green words "Broadcasting." This will switch you to the live broadcast. I hope that isn't too confusing. I will try my best to remember to do what I need to do so that you will not have to do anything.
        Thank you for patience and may God bless you!


No comments:

Post a Comment